PROJECT ZERO ONE
- Version 1.1 is currently LIVE. You may need to flush your cache to download new versions!
- Controller issues have been resolved in a limited capacity, also new music variations added.
- The latest version above will run if you click the image and have the Unity Web Player installed.
- Project started October 10, and ended December 6, 2010 (8 weeks).
- You may need to clear your browser’s cache to see the current version.
Mini F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How does this project relate to Project Zero Zero?
- This project was the first of 3 to 4 that will be released in the first year of development.
- It was produced alongside Project Zero Zero: all lessons learned during production will be applied forward.
- Project Zero One was a process exercise to determine solo production capacity and ability to meet self-established milestones.
2. How do I know you’re really working on this?
- One of the main goals of Dark Acre Game Development is absolute transparency. This means that investors, customers, and any interested parties can access information that might in larger development houses be restricted.
- The Project Zero One basic development process was fully open to the public.
- This is a link to the Project Zero One task list. This list also contains the progress made on the first support novella for Project Zero Zero, and the early bug tracker.
- This is a link to the current and dynamically updated production schedule. It should be possible to add this to your calendar program if it supports subscription via URL, if there are errors please let me know.
3. Is there something I can see and play?
- Yes, there is! Beneath the graphic at the top of this page is the Project Zero One game in its entirety.
- If you have the time, please take a moment to try the game. A play-through on ‘easy’ to the end of the first half takes 10 minutes, less if you use an ‘X360′ gamepad.
Above and Below
“This is the story of a tiny person that can move to the left, move to the right, and jump up and down.”
The players jump to ascend to the top of the map in search of treasures and ultimate victory while avoiding obstacles and malicious guardians. After defeating the first challenge they are offered a choice to conclude their adventure there or venture further into the deadly depths below.
Ascension and Descent
- End the game in the highest heights or the deepest depths of the game world.
- The world below is a different challenge from the one above.
- Experience dynamically changing visual and audio elements depending on the chosen path.
Simple Platforming Pleasures
- Fluid jumping and movement controls.
- A variety of enemies and obstacles that will challenge the player’s reflexes and timing.
Battle Persistent Adversaries
- Not all challenges are environmental. Creatures will try to thwart the player’s progress.
- Players may choose the expanded win conditions with a time attack or high score challenge.
- Web Browser with Mouse, Keyboard and Gamepad* Interface.
- Stand-alone PC or Mac with Mouse, Keyboard, and Gamepad* Interface.
- *Generic ‘X360′ pad tested during development. Other types of gamepads may not function.
- Unity 3D.
- Tuesday, December 7th, 2010.
- Free to play and download with an option to donate.
Disclaimer and Legal
- Full-text disclaimer.
- All content subject to change without notice.
- Property of DARK ACRE GAME DEVELOPMENT INCORPORATED.